Parramatta City Tennis Centre is the home of “Tennis in the West”. The Centre, previously referred to as “Glenquarrie” was established in 1947 when Pat McMahon and his wife Lilla, commenced court construction of 4 loam courts. This encouraged many families in the area to start playing tennis.
In 1954, Pat sold the original courts and surrounding land to the Parramatta City Council for £4500.
Since then, our Centre has grown to include 13 grass courts and 4 clay courts, all named after previously owned courts located around the district (like Alvina, Naomi, Tralee to name a few).
“Parra Tennis” continues to be a very popular centre and is managed by a passionate team of Management Committee volunteers and an onsite Caretaker. The members continue to volunteer their time with everything from maintenance and fundraising to organisation of competition and social play.